September 2017, I found a marriage record for Izzy's marriage to Wilhelmina Vetter in the New York Marriages Index. Ancestry entry.
Ruth Kreinik, June 12, 2015: "I received an interesting phone message this afternoon and returned the call from Ms. Akeeba Evans with the Public Administrator Operations, County of Los Angeles regarding Munro Kreinik. I told her I wasn't the 'Ruth Kreinik' she was looking for, didn't know Munro Kreinik (his father was Isidore 'Izzy') but I thought that possibly I could forward her request to you, David, who might be able to shed some light on her search. She said Munro has passed away and is looking for his relatives."
Jon Probstein: [Annotated by David Jacobowitz, 2015] This is the information I have from the probate of Pearl Leiterman’s will in 1997:
3. The following family tree is based upon my own personal knowledge and based upon
information received from my family - all members who are deceased have the following
symbol at the end of their name (D).
(D). She never married and had no issue. She had one brother Irwin (D) who died without
issue in 1933.
5. On the Paternal Side: The deceased’s father, Julius Leiterman (D), who was the son of
Isadore Leiterman (D) and Annie Bendet Leiterman (D), had abandoned the deceased and
her mother in the early 1940’s and there was no further communication between him and
any other member of the deceased’s family. No surviving family members of the
deceased have any information regarding the paternal side.
6. On the Maternal Side: The deceased’s mother Jennie Leiterman (D) was the daughter
A. Anna Levin (D) had two children:
1. Lila Probstein, 98-01 67th Ave, Forest Hills, NY, who had two children:
a. Susan Probstein (D), who had no issue.
b. Jon M. Probstein, 69-81 108 St., Forest Hills, NY 11375, who has no issue.
2. Stanley Levin, 767 Coral Drive, Cape Coral, FL 33901, who had two children:
a. Debbie Levin (D), who had two children:
1. Stacey Corso, 30 No. Canton Rd., W. Simsbury, CT 06092, who has no
2. Shane Corso, 30 No. Canton Rd., W. Simsbury, CT 06092, who has no
b. Jeffrey Levin, 4 Lincoln Road, Brewster, NY 10509, who has two children:
1. Katherine Levin, 4 Lincoln Road, Brewster, NY 10509, who has no
2. Emily Levin, 4 Lincoln Road, Brewster, NY 10509, who has no issue.
B. Sol Kreinik (D) had two children:
1. Gladys Kreinik, 69-40 Yellowstone Blvd., Forest Hills, NY 11375, who has no issue.
2. Jacob Kreinik, New Hope Community, Loch Sheldrake, NY 10759, who has no issue.
C. Harold Kreinik (D) had two children:
1. Coralee Leveen (D), who had three children:
a. Judith Bell, last known address 122 Chestnut St., Springfield, MA 01103, who
has no issue.
b. Deborah Leveen, address unknown, who has no issue.
c. Harriet Leveen, address unknown, who has no issue.
2. [Dorothy Walker] 0, last known address 8805 Wandering Way, Baldwinsville, NY 13027,
who has three children, names and addresses unknown.
D. Rose Daniels (D) had two children:
1. Donald Daniels, 112-20 72nd Dr., Forest Hills, NY 11375, who has no issue.
2. James Daniels (D), who had one child:
a. Andrew Daniels, 26 Castle Lane, Bayshore, NY 11706, who has no issue.
E. Pearl Marrow (D) had two children:
1. Joseph Marrow, 463 Woodlands Rd., Harrison, NY 10528, who has two children:
a. Evan Marrow, 29 Billard Ave., Hastings, NY 10706, who has no issue.
b. Tracey Marrow, 200 E. 71 St., NY, NY 10021, who has no issue.
2. Valerie Rout, 160 Wells Hill Rd, Lakeville, CT 06039, who has three children:
a. Romanie Rout, 7 Tratt St., Essex, CT 06426, who has no issue.
b. Christopher Rout, 53 E 74 St., NY, NY 10021, who has no issue.
c. Robert Rout, Jr., 515 Trinity Place, Westfield, NJ 07690, who has no issue.
F. Isadore Kreinik (D) had two children:
1. Monroe Kreinik, address unknown, who has no issue.
2. Carol Kreinik (D), who had no issue.
G. Ruth Bergin, 793 Forest Ave., Rye, NY 10580, who has no issue.
[ Ruth married Ed Bergin, Bergen, or Bergman, depending on source. DWJ]
Phone 212 794-0373
Fax 212 202-6495
Jennie Kreinik married Julius Leiterman: New York Times Deaths:http://www.nytimes.com/1964/11/18/deaths.html?_r=0
LEITERMAN—Jennie, beloved mother of Pearl, loving sister of Anna Levin, Rose Daniels, Pearl Kline, Ruth Bergman, Sol and Isidore Kreinik. Services Wednesday, 2:30 P.M., at “The Riverside,” 76th St. and Amsterdam Ave.
NOTE: Pearl married a Kline (probably Klein), and Ruth's last name here is BergMAN (an error). Most sources spell it Bergin, but a few have Bergen.
Robert Rout is working with his son William Christopher Rout (Chris) on the estate.
Chris has been appointed Special Administrator on the estate. Greg Gaddis of the Shephard Group
========= Joseph (Yussel Flum) Kreinik's Descendants' Chart
Thanks for responding so promptly. Here 's my latest understanding of the Munro Kreinik lawful intestate heirs:
There appear to be a total of 18 heirs who share in the Estate of Munro J. Kreinik as set forth below.1. Of the 12 grandchildren of Joseph and Sara Kreinik, Munro Kreinik's grandparents, there remain 4 living grandchildren, Lila Probstein, Joseph Marrow, Jacob Kreinik and Dorothy Walker who are lawful heirs.
2. Then passing to the next generation, the 8 deceased grandchildren of Joseph and Sarah Kreinik are Stanley Levin, Gladys Kreinik, Coralee Leveen, Donald Daniels, James Daniels, Valerie Rout, Monroe Kreinik and Carol Kreinik. Of those 8, only 4: Stanley Levin, James Daniels, Valerie Rout and Coralee Leveen had children.
3. Those 8 deceased grandchildren were survived by 8 living great grandchildren who inherit in their place. Those eight living great grandchildren are Jeffrey Levin (son of grandchild, Stanley Levin), Andrew Daniels (son of grandchild , James Daniels), Robert, William Christopher and Romanie Rout, (children of grandchild, Valerie Rout) and Judith Bell, Deborah Leveen and Harriet Leveen, (children of grandchild Coralee Leveen), all 8 of whom are lawful heirs.
4. Then passing to the next generation, there are 2 living great great grandchildren of deceased great grandchild, Debbie Levin, (daughter of deceased grandchild, Stanley Levin). They are Stacy Ann Neves and Shane A. Corso, both of whom are lawful heirs.
I have no information on the family tree of Munro Kreinik's mother's parents -his maternal grandparents - except that I presume that his mother's parents (Goldman ?) had a daughter in addition to Munro's mother and that daughter had grandchildren or great grandchildren named Vikki Benkel and her brother Andrew Benkel and Kevin Cutler and his brother Greg Cutler. Those last four named appear to be lawful heirs. I don't know if Munro's mother's parents had any other children in addition to Munro's mother and her sister who might also be lawful heirs.
Thus, the total number of lawful intestate heirs of Munro Kreinik appear to be 18 as listed on Amended Attachment 8 to the Petition for Letters of Special Administration except that one of the heirs is erroneously listed there - Stanley Kreinik - whose name is not on any of my Kreinik family trees - and one not listed who should be listed in place of Stanley Kreinik is Jacob Kreinik who is a son of Sol Kreinik.