Friday, December 30, 2011

Scanning Issues

I wondered why I could't operate the HP Scanner that I bought from a UVM student a couple of years ago. It turns out that the HP-Director won't work on the latest (10.7.5,6) OS. But it took a while to find out the reason. Built in software on the Mac can operate the scanner. So even though we got a Canon copier/printer/scanner, I still wanted to see if I could make the HP work, partly because it has a larger bed and just to see if I could do it.
The images above were from my tests. The cat is a birthday card from Carl and Les with the words to Charles Lloyd's Tagi transcribed on a sheet of paper. I wanted to see if I could use the OCR that seems to be packaged with the Canon to recognize the words in an image that I scanned using the HP. Maybe.
It's a good thing Saul and Laura are coming up tonight through the winter storm alert weather. I'm sure they will want to play with the system after coffee in the morning.
Happy New Year

No comments: